Started Apr 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skutters
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
New Zealand Dilemma
Apr 4, 2011

Hi All, I could really do with some advice, I will be going from the UK to vist my sister in New Zealand next year she live's on North Island but i intend to spend 10 day's on South Island. I will be hiring a small camper to travel from Christchurch down to Te Anau.

My Dilemma is do i go in April for the Autumn Colours and better weather and maybe more photo opportunities but the Mountains wont be so dramatic, or September when the Mountains will have the snow on them and the great looking Landscapes but maybe not so good weather.

As this will be a one off trip for me to South Island as i will not be able to afford to do it again i don't want to have regrets about what time of year i went. I would love the Mountains with the snow but would i be limiting myself with what else i could take.

Try and stop me having sleepless night's thinking about this please, any advice from people who have been at these times of year would be Greatfully Received.

Regards, Kevin

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow