Started Apr 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lewynn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,209
Like?
Critique on 3 pics. If you don't mind.
Apr 3, 2011

I was just sort of hoping to get some input on some pics I took. These are just three that I thought were ok. I'm going to a photography class at the local community center. It's a very beginner class and I pretty much know all the technical stuff they have in the class. But they've gone over the rule of thirds and composition and lighting and I think that tends to fall into the artistic side of taking pictures. I'm not very good at that.

The first shot is something I set up after I took my kids out for some target practice for an upcoming turkey hunt. My daughter did a pretty good job and I layed out the shells with her gun and some of the spent shells. I was sort of hoping to have the target underneath showing what we were shooting at and just a piece of the gun. Is it corny? I'm not sure it fits the rule of thirds as the part in focus is sort of the center of the pic.

The next one is a little water tunnel thingy. I did crop this one to get it into the rule of thirds. The sky was pretty washed as it was cloudy and bright. But does the snow in front lack any kind of definition to make it interesting?

The last one is some icicles. I cropped the left side out as it was just bright clouds, that's why it's so long. Does it sort of fit the rule of thirds? I tried to focus on the the long icicle.

Thank you very much for anything you feel like telling me.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow