Started Dec 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
Keith Pulver
Regular MemberPosts: 151
Like?
Re: Legibility of dpreview web site
In reply to Simon Joinson, Apr 3, 2011

Simon Joinson wrote:

ecdy wrote:

The emails from dpreview are so nice to read - good content, and BLACK ON WHITE.

The web site is so hard to read - same content, but WHITE ON BLACK.

It can't be in the interest of beauty or legibility that the web site has white on black text. Is there another reason?

The problem is that the site still runs code and contains thousands of pages of content / images going back over a decade, and to change everything would take a prohibitively long time. That said, I'm well aware that some people don't like white on black (including some people here), so when we finally redesign the entire site you will be able to choose the color scheme. Just don't expect it to happen soon (it would take 6 months and it's not even in planning yet).
Simon

Simon Joinson, Editor

dpreview.com-

Simon,

One of the things I most admire about DR Review is the aesthetic look of the site - cool, refined and civilized yet very accessible with just the right amount of positive usability easements to enhance the user experience.

I hope this scant praise will not somehow have the opposite affect of urging you to actually make too many changes.

The Ox is slow....but the Earth is Patient,
Keith

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow