Started Apr 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
prentisd
Contributing MemberPosts: 719
Like?
I'm outa here too - one too many issues with this camera
Apr 2, 2011

Well it has been a long arduous decision process but you will be happy to know that you can have my turn in line at Adorama. I just pulled the plug on my pre-order. I ultimately came to realize that I was enamored with the idea of an X100 with its design and attributes but I now find that I am disappointed with the Fuji implementation of this design, at least for now. There are simply too many "need to fix firmware" things popping up in these threads. I am also still questioning the lens flare and softness at f2. I'm not thrilled with the muted colors coming out of the camera in JPEG and there have been very few examples with RAW post processing to study. Which brings me to the problems with using RAW files which bothers me. I only shoot RAW with my Nikon and want to do the same with this camera. Then the focus point issues came up. Oh my!

I have been on the fence for months and find that it is just too new a concept. I am going to wait until this concept matures. Meanwhile I am going to get my life back, stop obsessing about this camera, stop checking this forum every hour, and go shooting with my Nikon.

A previous poster started me thinking. Why not just take my D90 and a 20mm lens on my next trip rather than an X100, since it isn't that much different in size, has none of the problems being talked about here, and takes gangbusters photographs. He had a good point. I would still have to carry some sort of case for the X100 (albeit smaller) since it isn't a true pocket-able compact.

I am still interested in a compact, large sensor, fast lens, OVF, quiet shutter, Leica-ish kind of camera. I am sure the fervor for the X100 has been duly noticed by many manufacturers and Fuji might eventually come out with an X101 or some such which addresses these issues. Anyway I am certain there will be something like it in the future without all the questions surrounding this model. Then I'll take another look

Cheers everyone. Very good debate going on. Thanks for the ride. Enjoy your X100s.
--
Prentis
http://prentis.smugmug.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HehNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow