reasons for not buying 60D?

Started Mar 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 10,043Gear list
new Canon 70d is just around the corner to ridicule nikon d7000
In reply to rshampoo, Apr 1, 2011

Canon fumbled at the launch of 60d. Nikon d7000 - on paper - makes 60d seem uncompetitive. On top of that, the removal of micro AF adjustment, plastic body, lower FPS, smaller buffer, PC-sync port kills it for many canon 20d/30d/40d/50d die-hards.

Canon isn't going to let Nikon steal its limelight. I'm confident that canon will address many of the current and release a much improved canon 70d in 1 year.

More importantly is that Canon has done this before:

• venerable 40d was release with 230K LCD that is a far cry from Nikon D90's 920k lcd

• canon surprised everyone by releasing an improved 50d in 12 months away from its usual 18month cycle

• 920K LCD checked

• as well as adding the much faster udam CF flash support from the slower pio cf

• add cdaf "Live Mode" to Live View ( 40d only has pdaf quick view )

• 15mp resolution increase

40d to 50d's improvement may not sound like a lot on paper, I find them to make quite a difference in real life. Improved resolution makes using Live View a pleasure, CDAF live view is far more precise and natural than the quickview, faster udma cf card support makes a noticeable difference in buffer recovery time.

I'll wait for canon 70d, by all indication, it will be quite a camera, like the 50d over 40d.

007peter's gear list:007peter's gear list
Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow