reasons for not buying 60D?

Started Mar 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,238Gear list
Like?
new Canon 70d is just around the corner to ridicule nikon d7000
In reply to rshampoo, Apr 1, 2011

Canon fumbled at the launch of 60d. Nikon d7000 - on paper - makes 60d seem uncompetitive. On top of that, the removal of micro AF adjustment, plastic body, lower FPS, smaller buffer, PC-sync port kills it for many canon 20d/30d/40d/50d die-hards.

Canon isn't going to let Nikon steal its limelight. I'm confident that canon will address many of the current and release a much improved canon 70d in 1 year.

More importantly is that Canon has done this before:

• venerable 40d was release with 230K LCD that is a far cry from Nikon D90's 920k lcd

• canon surprised everyone by releasing an improved 50d in 12 months away from its usual 18month cycle

• 920K LCD checked

• as well as adding the much faster udam CF flash support from the slower pio cf

• add cdaf "Live Mode" to Live View ( 40d only has pdaf quick view )

• 15mp resolution increase

40d to 50d's improvement may not sound like a lot on paper, I find them to make quite a difference in real life. Improved resolution makes using Live View a pleasure, CDAF live view is far more precise and natural than the quickview, faster udma cf card support makes a noticeable difference in buffer recovery time.

I'll wait for canon 70d, by all indication, it will be quite a camera, like the 50d over 40d.

007peter's gear list:007peter's gear list
Nikon D3100 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow