ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gotham00
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Buying printers from another country?
Apr 1, 2011

Dear friends,

I have decided to purchase a canon pro9000mkII online from Andromoda (good rating on Amazon) in North America, even with the freight charge to Australia , the printer will still only cost me one third of what the prices are in good old Oz.

I understand that the USA version of the printer does not come with cd printing capabilities but this is of no use to me. My question is that the canon inks may be different here and not work with the printer. I was told by an artist who were using a previous model from canon and were sourcing canon inks from Japan because the prices were so much cheaper until they changed the cartridges to stop this happening.

Does anyone know of any circumstances like this one or of any other pitfalls that may occur with the general running of this printer ? It has just come to me that power may be an issue as well as we are 240v over here ........I wonder if the printer is switchable?

Kind Regards
Mark

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow