Be Careful with SmugMug Coupons

Started Feb 12, 2010 | Discussions thread
Andy Williams
Forum ProPosts: 24,446Gear list
Like?
Re: Be Careful with SmugMug Coupons
In reply to jeffbartee, Apr 1, 2011

jeffbartee wrote:

Ran into this myself with the "Print Credit" and made this mistake out of the gate. I feel a little ripped off as well, but agree that Smugmug does state this on their help screen.

It looks like the "Coupon Code" setting with a set dollar amount avoids this as I believe it reduces the retail price BEFORE smugmug computes it's 15 percent.

I'm not sure what the other differences are between a print credit and a straight coupon code discount - I'll figure that out as I go I guess. All I know is that the money computation is MUCH different......

Hi Jeff, I'm from SmugMug. Print Credits work 'exactly' like regular customer-based sales, just shifting the payor from them to you. If a customer places a $110 order, with a base cost of $10 for the prints, the profit is $100 where SmugMug takes $15 and you get $85. The customer is then essentially paying SmugMug $25 ($10 for the prints, and $15 for the profit on the sale), and you $85.

A $110 print credit works exactly the same way, but since the customer is not paying out-of-pocket, and using the print credit you issued, you're paying that same $25. No smoke or mirrors, we promise!
--
-- Andy

Andy Williams's gear list:Andy Williams's gear list
Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow