ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andy_sthnd
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Lens advice
Apr 1, 2011

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice on lenses...

At the moment I have a Canon 1000D with the 18-55 and the 55-250 kit lenses. I have been reading the forums here and would love to try some macro photography, however, I don't have the setup for this at the moment.

As money is tight, I have been thinking about selling my 55-250mm lens (even though I love it!) and purchasing the Sigma AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 Macro as this could serve as both my zoom lens for shooting sports and as the macro for close up photography.

What do you think? Would I notice a difference in quality when shooting sports if I went for the Sigma? Would the macro functionality be sufficient to shoot objects in this ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50CM-Photo-Soft-Light-Box-Tent-Cube-4-Colour-Backdrop-/230601063461?pt=UK_Photography_StudioEquipment_RL&hash=item35b0e4fc25#ht_4191wt_1139 ) kind of setup?

Any help is much appreciated! Also, if anybody has this lens - any chance you could post some of your shots?

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow