Intrigued by NX system - worth waiting awhile?

Started Mar 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
tkpenalty
Regular MemberPosts: 444
Like?
Re: Intrigued by NX system - worth waiting awhile?
In reply to BubbaE1, Mar 31, 2011

The NX11 brings together the JPEG engine and features of the NX100 and the rest of the features that the NX10/5 has. For just shooting stills its not that big of an upgrade

Considering its ridiculously good price/performance ratio there isn't much point of waiting for the NX11 to be in stores, and I think it will directly replace the NX10. I would suggest going for the NX5 over a NX10 by the way, the only difference between the cameras is the AMOLED being replaced by the LCD, and that amounts to like $200 USD of savings which could go towards more lenses.

I wouldn't hold off the NX10 yet because the NX20's specs are still shrouded in mystery... and its not like the NX10 is really holding anyone back hardware wise. I do expect the NX20 to be a significantly better camera, but, having a second small, lightweight body (NX10) to complement the NX20 when it comes out is always a convenient thing.

One thing you should really exploit with the NX mount is the fact that you can use adaptors, and thats one reason why getting two bodeis is a good idea (manual primers).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow