Started Mar 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Gore
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,511
Like?
35G shot
Mar 31, 2011

Just bought the Nikon 35G after extensive research.I accepted the fact that from 1.4 to 2.0 might have some sharpness issues.I accepted the fact that there may be vignetting when shot wide open.I accepted the fact that the AF might be slow.However,after looking at the sharpness on 100's of photo's I decided to make the plunge when I got a great deal on a mint used lens.

This shot I realize is not what this lens was intended to shoot but I was so impressed with how it captured the reds.I shoot with a D3S and none of my other expensive lenses capture this tough red as well.I also noticed that this lens allows me to crop at 100% and still maintain excellent sharpness.

Anyway,I'am no pro and these are simply my thoughts.Here is a shot of a bright red Hibiscus shot around mid day after a brief rain shower,,,,,yes, I already am prepared to hear"you paid $1500 for a lens to shoot this pic"" LOL..Neverthe less..here it is/

http://www.pbase.com/dsg2/image/133569883/original

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow