Started Mar 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
04retire
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Help for my Epson 7600 printer Please.
Mar 31, 2011

Need help with a dumb thing I should not have done.

I installed a new print head in the 7600. When I did a purge afterwords, Some of the lines did not move the solution.

So I did a full drain with the draining cartridge. But I did it by in the control panel changing the Ink type. From Photo Black to Matte Black. So of course now the printer is set for Matte Black.

Dumb, because I don't have a Matte Black Cartridge. I put the Photo Black cartridge back in the slot got an error from the panel, but hit enter to ignore.

The thing wrong is, Since the Photo Black cartridge is in the slot instead of the Matte Black Cartridge that I don't have, the control panel menu where it has to change your ink type back to one of the 3 choices, It only gives me two choices.

They are, Matte Black and Dual Black. I can't get the Photo Black choice I want. That is because the machine wants a Matte Black cartridge and I put in the Photo Black cartridge. Like I said I don't have a Matte Black cartridge.

I know I would have to buy maybe a clear refillable cart.of Matte Black, But I was wondering if any one here has a hidden menu in the panel I could use to reset the problem to get back to Photo Black. Some thing, Please help. Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow