Started Mar 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Proacguy
Regular MemberPosts: 244
Like?
Panasonic FZ100: Winter Disco Concert
Mar 30, 2011

The Panasonic FZ100 came thru even if the weather was in the freezing range in the middle of the winter. The battery didn't freeze but I nearly froze my hands recording the outdoor event as part of the Montreal Snow Festival(FĂȘtes des neiges). With all their cathy tunes(I will survive, Born to be alive, On the radio etc) it was hard to stay still to take photos. Credit goes to the Band for performing nearly 1.5 hours in full disco costume in freezing weather. It was nice seeing them live after listening many times to a few of their albums.

I used the outdoor sports scene mode for the photos. The camera proved its versatility either going wide and zooming in with the same lens. I did not want to start changing lenses on my DSLR in this weather. I also took some videos of a few of the songs with the FZ100 and the external Panasonic microphone DMW-MS1. They are on YouTube for those interested. Great fun in spite of the weather.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow