When is Brian Smith going to jump the Sony Ship?

Started Mar 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
HopeSpringsEternal
Regular MemberPosts: 484Gear list
Like?
Re: I wouldn't be too sure...
In reply to winedarksea, Mar 30, 2011

Well maybe like Walt he simply purchased several A900s and will be sitting tight even after Sony releases the SLT A9x?

winedarksea wrote:

He will change his tune if & when he decides that the new EVF on the Sony FF camera now expected in 2012 (which I expect he is involved in planning) is as good as or better than the great OVF on the A900.

Meanwhile, he is still a Sony Artisan of Imagery, and will be making presentations for Sony at least as far ahead as these things are planned. For example, he is making a keynote address for Sony on October 21 of this year.

You must admit that Sony set an extremely high measure for itself when it spent a great deal of R&D captial designing the A900 OVF--when I am sure they were already thinking about the EVFs of the future. I believe that this was deliberate: if they can equal the A900 OVF that they themselves created, in a great EVF, that will be saying a great deal. Brian & the other Artisans must know by now, and probably at least six months ago, that Sony was aiming at an EVF future. They haven't fled--any of them, as far as I can see.

Dulaney

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow