When is Brian Smith going to jump the Sony Ship?

Started Mar 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HopeSpringsEternal
Regular MemberPosts: 484Gear list
Like?
When is Brian Smith going to jump the Sony Ship?
Mar 29, 2011

I'm not bashing BS or Sony, just asking a question.

I remember a year or two again folks like Brian Smith telling us that Sony was still invested in DSLRs and that it showed with the A900 and the accompanying Zeiss Lenses.

Now with Sony officially saying that they are abandoning DSLRs for SLTs, will pro Sony photographers like Brian Smith eventually hitch their Wagons to a higher end DSLR maker like Nikon or Canon when Sony finally kills of the FF OVF cameras?

I'm asking because I've been waiting for a refreshed Sony FF DSLR for two years now and it seems like such a model (FF DSLR w/LiveView & Video) might never come and there has been almost no telegraphing from Sony that they intend to release any such thing anytime soon. I find it hard to imagine a pro shooter like Brian Smith who does a lot of relatively static portraits being happy using an EVF Full frame camera designed mostly for full-time video autofocus.

Me, I'm not interested in the upcoming A77 SLT mostly because I don't want an APS-C camera with the crop factor and lesser low-light/DR capability and secondly because I'd chose an OVF model over an EVF one.

Cost of moving to Canon 5D MKII in terms of new lens acquisition costs/time is a bit of a turn-off right now so If someone out there has an A900 that they want to get rid off for a very low price or trade let me know.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow