Started Mar 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
g0wex
Senior MemberPosts: 1,137Gear list
Like?
Sun compass and the E5
Mar 29, 2011

This is my Sun Compass it will tell you where the sun will rise (or set) at any time in the year.. really handy for planning your landscape shots especially useful if you are in an area you're not familiar with ..they say the sun rises in the east and sets in the west but as you can see that only happens once in the year!! a good investment at around £20

Sun Compass in action - E5 12-60mm

http://www.flight-logistics.com/Customised_compasses.html

I’ve been planning to take this shot for a while now, I’d previously scouted the area and chosen the compositions that I would like to shoot and made a record shot to remind me of the location.

E5 12-60mm @ 12mm 0.6 ND grad

and by using my trusty Sunrise and Sunset compass was able to determine that a sunset in March would be the right time to take this shot getting the sun in the correct position to nicely light the edge with its soft warm light and bring out the textures of the rocks and lichens.

E5 12-60mm @ 12mm 0.9 ND grad

my final shot with the 7-14mm as I'm unable to fit filters used 2 exposures and blended in photoshop

E5 7-14mm @ 8mm

Thanks for looking

Steve

g0wex's gear list:g0wex's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow