Started Mar 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eadrian75
Regular MemberPosts: 406Gear list
Like?
No K7 love?
Mar 29, 2011

I've sold off my m43 kit and am ready to buy into the Pentax system. I've pretty much exhausted my research and have "settled" on the K7 over the Kr and K5.

While the high iso/low light capabilities of the Kr are impressive and from what i hear much better than the K7, I am absolutely sold on the silent shutter, weather sealed body, and quick external controls of the K7/5 cameras.

Unfortunately the K5 is just to much $$ for me right now. I'm trying to sell off other personal belongings, but don't think i'd be happy with a K5 and kit lens for a good year or two before being able to afford another lens. I'd really prefer a "small" travel set up and don't think the kit lens will provide that.

So, for the most part (K5 lust lingers), i'm leaning heavy towards the K7 kit w/18-55. I currently own a SMC-M 50 f1.4 and plan on also immediately adding the 21mm limited for candid indoor family shots and street shooting.

But where is the LOVE? Post after post is filled with either the K5 or Kr/x debate. I searched flickr and have found some impressive low light images. How low light capable is the K7? I'm coming from m43 where iso 800 was pushing it. I've heard K7 is good to iso 3200. I don't want to believe the hype, but i also don't want to regret not biting the bullet and getting the K5 and build around that. I probably wont be buying another body for a good 3-4 yrs.

K7 love, anyone?

eadrian75's gear list:eadrian75's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha 7
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow