Started Mar 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Humito
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
P7000 or XZ-1? Thoughts please
Mar 26, 2011

O.K. I know that they each have a vastly different emphasis and, like a lot of people I guess I want it all in a compact (good quality zoom, fast lens, good 'bokeh' etc) but I'm torn between these two. I love the SLR like OOF from the XZ but am put off by the evident (in my mind, proven) 'smearing' on the Jpegs whilst on the other hand (and as a previous P5000 owner)(that camera made me jump to SLR) am very leary of the reports here of focus lock problems and RAW write times in the P7k.

Thinking about a Dad/Daughter hikihg trip in Yellowstone I'd be inclined to the P7 with the possibility of 'Landscape Days' with the SLR and 10-20mm so I suppose my first question is: Has the firmware update made a significant change to the focus/write time problems?

And the second (with the XZ in mind) is: how open, in practical experience, is the lens on the P7k? Can you get centre-sharp pics of, say, flowers with an acceptable surrounding OOF?

I know this is all a matter of personal experience so would welcome input from anyone with opinions about the 'root' qualities of the P7k

Thanks,
Kevin

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow