Sony Ultra wide conversion lens VCL-ECU1 - Any users?

Started Dec 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,712Gear list
Like?
Re: images have higher resolution WITH the converter?
In reply to blue_skies, Mar 25, 2011

blue_skies wrote:

These are JPEGs, I posted full size. Let me know if you cannot see full size, I just changed a user-parameter.

thanks, it works now. Very nice image quality, for f/6.3. My impression is that the WA converter produces stronger CA (with pretty nasty colors ...) in the corners, but this probably depends on the scene as well. I would really want to be able to correct this. Resolution seems about the same as for the 16mm without WA converter, which is impressive.

I doubt that the camera has any special correction software - it does not seem to know whether the adapter is used or not.

I don't think the camera corrects in software either. I just wondered how easy it is to remove the remaining CA in PP. If the CA doesn't behave lineair, it is difficult to remove with standard tools like PS RAW converter or PTLens.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow