Started Mar 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnBee
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,864
Like?
Pushing the K-5 sensor...
Mar 25, 2011

Well this weekend marked the beginning of my own journey with my new K-5, and so, I started my tests with a few primes and what we could call, tough shooting conditions. The tests were mostly made-up of a combination of back-lighting and high ISO ambient, which I would consider tough shooting conditions for most any camera(FF included).

In this particular set, I setup the camera for ISO6400 and shot with an 85mm at f/2. The scene was illuminated with Incandescent lighting(chandelier) at the rear right of the subject, so as to invoke both highlight and shadow recovery in processing.

The file was developed in ACR 6,x and processed with Denoise, FocalBlade and Perfectly Clear. I shot the DNG image at: 1/100s, ISO6400, -1eV(to preserve highlights). And accepted an adjustment of +.65 eV and a +36 brightness from ACR prior to processing. All other ACR settings were at 0 respectively.

So all in all, I am quite satisfied with the K-5's DR capacity in these condition.

PS. I used AFC w/FPS priority(no assist lamp) and focus was spot on in this test.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow