360 Pano, Owens River, High Sierras, S602z Pro, 6mp, recent

Started Mar 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
Gary N W
Forum ProPosts: 10,678
Like?
Hi Nomad, Your Pano Looks Great and thanks a lot!
In reply to nomad147, Mar 25, 2011

I enjoyed your other images on the Image Shack, too.

I will keep trying but I did buy all the other things I mentioned in the way of photoediting and stitching software already. Gradually I will get there like you did. One problem I have is that we just travel a lot and photography has to fit in with our travels. Soooo sometimes I learning time is limited.

All the best and stay well, Gary N W SFO

nomad147 wrote:

yeh there definitly was a learning curve when i started, the first thing that improved my panos immediatly was shooting in portrait mode, and making sure my images overlapped anywhere from 20-30%, and then i dont do any PP whatsoever to the images, they go directly into the stitching program, all the pano programs crop the image during the stitching process, and this is what gives you the fuller pano, and dont be afraid to shoot the same scene 3-4 times diffrent ways either, i normally will do the same scene at least twice just to make sure i have the coverage that is needed. after the stitching is done, thats when i adjust the levels, etc..ive got the work flow down to where i can knock a 10-12 image pano out in about 15 minutes. the other thing is to experiment with the programs, yeh they will all assemble a pano, but some do them diffrently, like i said PT gui, just get the eval copy and MS Ice, which is free, if you start out with them, you are on the right track-good luck, i enjoy viewing your images, i think once you get it down, you will produce some really killer stuff.
--
wssa member #320PX

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow