GH2 vs Sony Alpha 55

Started Mar 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
bur437
Regular MemberPosts: 382
Like?
Re: GH2 vs Sony Alpha 55
In reply to Adventsam, Mar 24, 2011

Adventsam wrote:

Well actually the GH2 makes a lot of sense, what else has a walkaround 100-300mm lense that with body weighs in at less than 1kg? at the other extreme, a body and lense with f1.7 that almost pocketable and a perfect 35mm focal length. As a stills camera unless these people are blind its a powerhouse. In my quick tests over a week the a55 was poor in all respects, especially detail and I found the raw files very poor. As a stills machine it missed focus a lot, you couldnt shoot in af and on turning of the mf ring tweak focus, at 10x auto maginfier. There are no iso intermediates that I found, the evf is crude on an evening, noisey, there are no custom buttons of functions settings, bracketing is basic, I could go on, its a low end featured dslr, it was awkward to hold and output was continually soft.

LOL! surprised you didnt post this thread as well!
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1037&message=37876909
You know the one where you continually bitch about Sony but get found out.

For what its worth, i think the GH2 is an excellent camera with few flaws but too expensive for me right now. The A55 has so much potential but seems let down by some small issues which hopefully are resolved in future SLT models.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow