GH2 vs Sony Alpha 55

Started Mar 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
MrTaikitso
Contributing MemberPosts: 672Gear list
Like?
Re: GH2 vs Sony Alpha 55
In reply to Alexsfo, Mar 24, 2011

As someone who spent literally months evaluating each camera, (lack of stock of GH2s meant I had to wait until the last moment, a week ago), I only rejected the A55 because the flip out display could not be positioned where I wanted it whilst the camera was on a tripod. The A55 is very innovative and excellent 'VFM' (Value For Money), but I purchased a GH2 14-140 and am over the moon with it. But that is not to discount the A55. They are both good for different reasons, but I would consider the GH2 more professional, whilst the A55 is the ultimate tourist camera, in particular thanks to the panorama and GPS capabilities.

Alexsfo wrote:

Can somebody explain to me how Panasonic GH2 can beat Sony A55. Both are very similar in size and weight. Sony is quite a bit cheaper, has best in class IBIS, much wider (4x times?) lens selection, much higher LCD resolution (2x), currently best sensor out of all DSLRs with usable images all the way up to ISO12800, built-in GPS, HDR and 3D panorama to name a few. What exactly does GH2 offer which is substantially superior to Sony’s to command a higher price tag?
--
E-PL2+20mm 1.7

MrTaikitso's gear list:MrTaikitso's gear list
Samsung EX2F +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow