ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D Hanson
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?
The X100 Forum
Mar 23, 2011

Hello

I dropped in to ask a question about the S1. Of the 45 posts on the first page of this forum, only two are about Fuji DSLR cameras. I know this has been discussed and discussed. But really. What is the point of giving the forum over to a camera that doesn't match the basic specification of that forum, which would mean having the DSLR qualities of a mirror-based system with a mount that accepts the lenses of an established manufacturer's line?

The Sony R1 had the large sensor and great lens typically found in a DSLR set-up. But it was a fixed lens and there was no mirror system. dpreview had no trouble figuring out what to do: the R1 was rightfully put into the general Sony forum, where it still accounts for a healthy amount of discussion today.

The current situation only discourages Fuji DSLR owners from participating. I'm sure many don't bother to contribute because they feel that too many fellow DSLR owners have walked away; which, judging by the evidence, they have.

Sure, future DSLR production by Fuji is in question and that has already weakened the forum. So, does dpreview figure that it may as well hasten the process by plugging the forum up with X100 enthusiasts? That seems a bit cynical.

This is not at all against the X100, which looks to be a very interesting camera indeed. It's just not a DSLR.

dpreview should simply acknowledge its mistake and put the X100 over in the general Fuji forum. Or create an "X" forum for it and its presumed descendants.

Doug
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shotbox/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow