Improving the E520's low-light performance...

Started Mar 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
Brian Steele
Contributing MemberPosts: 502Gear list
Like?
Re: Improving the E520's low-light performance...
In reply to jkrumm, Mar 23, 2011

jkrumm wrote:

If by hashing you mean general running around with groups doing various athletics while working off a hangover, then I think the 12-60 would be quite nice. It's the quickest low-light lens I've tried for focusing. However, for pure light gathering ability there are better options already mentioned, though less flexible. The 12-60 is really nice to have in general, and would probably appeal to you in the same way the 18-180 did at first. Even though I have about 5 other lenses to use, I use the 12-60 about 90 % of the time.

If I go with the 12-60, I'll have to try it out first, just to make sure it doesn't suffer from the front-focus issues I'm seeing with the 14-42 on my E520. Nothing more annoying than losing half the photographs you thought were in perfect focus - untll you got to have a closer look at them on the monitor

-- hide signature --
 Brian Steele's gear list:Brian Steele's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow