S100fs today's new pano

Started Mar 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Conrad Birdie
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,809Gear list
Like?
Re: S100fs today's new pano
In reply to Spiridakis Michael, Mar 22, 2011

Very nice photo. Do you have a link where I can view the full size file? I would love to see how Microsoft Ice did on the full size image. I always struggled with ICE and its blending, and I use Hugin and Panorama Maker Pro.

I also understand what you are saying about the speed of ICE, as it was pretty darned fast. You should see how it works on a i7 processor. Very fast.

Anyway, very nice capture. I bet it will look great framed and hung on one of your walls.

Spiridakis Michael wrote:

Well firstly to thank all the friends that have positively comment on my previews pano post (my first real pano), and here I am proud to present my today’s lesson No2…

An ALMOST 360° real panorama… Only missing one or two pictures those with the sun inside…

I am very happy how the S100fs reads – holds – and execute both focus and exposure… Nothing is burned or underexposed; even these clouds in the middle are not burned… everything is really OK…

Some interesting details, the pano is consisting of 13 (11mp F) pictures, the final picture is 19389 X 2929 = 56781594 It was little more than 60mp but I lost only ½ degree in the whole round of the head, so with little horizon correction some mega pixels got lost… (LOL), But only ½ degree to be lost in a nearly 360° pano I think is almost perfectly done… (With such a budget head)

To add here that the speed of process in my PC was very fast, (Microsoft ICE) just a couple of minutes, and my PC is somewhat old now a Pentium 4, nothing really fresh…

Again thanks, for your comments and they are always welcome, I know the composition or the theme is not so interesting but these later to be done…

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Conrad Birdie
"Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

Conrad Birdie's gear list:Conrad Birdie's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P510 Olympus E-510
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow