ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Advice needed 1d Mark IV vs 5d Mark II. My new camera
Mar 22, 2011

Dear All,

I'm in the process of buying a new digital SLR. Currently planning of using a single SLR for all my photo's. Might go for a second body in 6months - 1 year. I basically shoot everything, from general pictures to wildlife, from landscape to portrait. O and I have a 2.5 year old daughter that runs around. I would like to buy a digital SLR that does it all.

My main interest if in the 1d Mark IV, which I'm sure would be gut enough for the next few years. Image quality is very important to me therefor I'm looking at the 5d Mark II as well.

My question. The 5d Mark II is full frame and has more mega pixels than the 1d Mark IV. I'm curious if people have used them side by side. Is the image quality of the 5d Mark II a lot better than the Mark IV or is it hard to see the difference between the two. I often found that full frame has some kind of "3D" look to their images. I hate to buy a camera and then discover that the image of the Mark IV is sub par compared to the 5d Mark II.

Would appreciate some feedback on the difference in image quality between both units.

Many thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow