What is the best $200-$300 bridge camera for shooting jewelry and gems?

Started Mar 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tonyds
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
What is the best $200-$300 bridge camera for shooting jewelry and gems?
Mar 21, 2011

I do journalism, marketing and public relations for independent jewelry stores and jewelry industry companies. That translates into taking a lot of pictures of very small objects.

Jewelry stores are small businesses that have an understandable reluctance to spend big chunks of money--and a less understandable reluctance to even spend mid-sized ones.

I've taken some pretty good images with my Fuji FinePix S1000 and a tent mini-studio with four halogen lights. Recently I upped my game and created a portable mini-studio of my own that has four adjustable 5000K fluorescent lamps as well as bottom and back lighting. It's made me see that the FinePix has some serious limitations.

Getting my clients to put serious money into a camera won't be easy. I'm wondering what people would suggest as good cameras for the job? The FinePix has a double macro setting that is very useful for shooting small objects; that intense macro capability is essential for any camera I check out.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow