E-PL1 user - flash question

Started Mar 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,641Gear list
Like?
Re: E-PL1 user - flash question
In reply to 123val, Mar 20, 2011

123val wrote:

I'm reading mixed information - some customer reviews refer to the E-PL1 not having a flash yet when i read the technical details it says inbuilt flash up to 10m

E-PL1 and E-PL2 have pop-up flashes. The "Light" Pen models.

E-P1 and E-P2 have no flash. The "standard" Pen models.

The pop-up flash can be used as normal TTL flash (a triple flash happens, but looks like two flashes) or can be set to fixed power outputs where one flash happens. I use the pop-up set to 1/64 power to trigger my old Nikon SB-26 flash as a slave in self auto mode, nice.

The pop-up flashes also can be used in RC remote slave control mode where they can control up to 3 group of FL-36R or FL-50R flashes and each group can have different control method, like TTL or Auto or manual power. All controlled by a burst of signals from the pop-up, it does not contribute any flash to the scene when it does that RC control thing.

Similarly with JPEG and RAW files. My understanding is that the E-PL1 can shoot in both formats (?)

All the Oly Pen cameras can do RAW, or jpeg, or RAW plus jpeg.

Would someone who is using the E-PL1 just confirm which is correct

Also some pages that I'm building slowly may help....
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~parsog/olyepl1/01-epl1-menu.html

Regards............. Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow