Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeWB
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
lens rebate on the 70-200 2.8IS II question
Mar 18, 2011

The price with rebate of this lens is $2,099 when bundled with a 5Dmkii from one of the major online retailers. I have been waiting on the 5Dmkiii, but I know I want this lens, and the 5D mkiiii may be a year out anyway. So if the price is a "great price" because of buying it bundled, or the lens prices are likely to increase significantly, I'm thinking it may justify buying the 5D mkii now & would help offset the value drop if/when the 5Dmkiii hits the market, and I would get to enjoy this combo for awhile instead of waiting. Then I might sell the 5dii to buy the 5diii (but only if it is a much improved version worth the upgrade).

Is this sound logic? Is this a great price on the lens which I will be buying down the road anyway or did the retail price get increased before the rebates were introduced? If this is not really a great deal, then I do not mind waiting on the 5Diii (my 50D will keep me happy til then).

Thanks...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow