Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrClick
Contributing MemberPosts: 946Gear list
Like?
◆◆ Took a F550EXR today for a test run ◆◆
Mar 18, 2011

Handled a F550EXR today and took it for a brief test run.

I've decided not to buy this camera for now. The deal killer is the perceptible focus hunting when zooming in and out during video.

Thus my test run ended quite briefly. I leave it to Lloydy, Kim and the others to throw more light on the IQ aspects of the still images this baby is capable of. If they are really that good as Fuji claims, will decide to purchase this camera in the near future.

Had high hopes that this new model would have much improved video capabilities, but the improvements in this version still hasn't managed to meet my video needs. That said, there is a slight improvement in video shooting compared to the F70EXR though which I owned briefly earlier.

The TZ series still remains the king of HD video in a super zoom compact niche.

Comparing the great SD video output from my F31fd with its very decent audio too, I dare say that I expected so much more from the HD video and audio output from the F550EXR.

Yes... I have dedicated video camcorders for more serious video shooting... but shooting short video clips is something I do very often with any camera in my hand... which is why the F550EXR has failed to satisfy me.

Another slightly irritating issue was the menu system which still has some of the slow features of the several generations older F31fd. But this wasn't a deal breaker for me... just a minor irritant.

Sigh! I so much hoped that Fujifilm would get all major issues right with this version.

Now I only look forward to the HS20EXR and the X100 and any other new type of camera Fujifilm may announce later this year.

Click

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow