Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JJJPhoto
Senior MemberPosts: 2,563Gear list
Like?
E-1 owners, what say you?
Mar 18, 2011

I currently shoot with the E-3, E-330 and E-PL1 as my primary work and personal cameras but I was thinking about picking up a cheap weather-sealed body for days when I want to go out shooting in bad weather but don't want to haul my E-3 and risk my main work camera.

I can pick up a used E-1 in great condition for less than $200 so I'm seriously considering this. I know the E-1 is a great camera so I don't need to be "sold" on how great it is, but I need to decide if I can live with certain limitations. Here are my questions for current E-1 shooters:

1) I know the E-1 is slower than the E-3, but I don't know how much slower. Compared to newer cameras like the E-3 and E-5, is the E-1 just a little annoying at times or is it "painfully" slow? In other words, do you find yourself missing shots because it's processing images to the card?

2) How do you feel about the LCD? It's pretty small and low res, but is it okay for confirming critical focus when reviewing images?

3) Are there any technical issues (beyond the age of the camera and the shutter life cycle) that I need to be aware of if I buy a used E-1?

JJJPhoto's gear list:JJJPhoto's gear list
Sony RX1 Pentax K-7 Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL1s +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow