E-PL2 "RED DOTS" issue - against all ods I'm thinking to get one!!!

Started Mar 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JinC
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
E-PL2 "RED DOTS" issue - against all ods I'm thinking to get one!!!
Mar 17, 2011

I dont post much here cose I rather try to spend the time shooting but i do check out the forums as a way to keep up to the latest hardware news, and just today i bump into the RED DOTS issue observed on E-PL2.

So... I'm gonna go against the conventional wisdom here and chuck the "red dots" issue under "exotic undocumented camera feature", "character" or "unique art effect" :-))

Think about it, everybody has a camera that reproduces the sun correctly like a boring overexposed blob of light with outgoing rays of flare, but the red dots allow for some effects that no CaNikon dude can brag about... so dont be lame and return it, be creative and use it... turn the lemon into some cool lemonade!

And since likely it will be corrected in all new cameras models and even in new EPL2 releases the cameras that have the issue will soon become "collectibles"... this is a unique opportunity so hurry up and get it before its too late. Its like the $100 bill with the wrong portrait on it (did this ever happen?)

I for one am thinking about trading in my E-PL1 for the freaky EPL2, who's with me???

PS. On a serious note we cant fight the laws of Physics but would be cool to precisely understand how this effect happens and why only under certain conditions.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow