Started Mar 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tatterdemalion
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Nikon P500 Tips
Mar 17, 2011

I received my Nikon P500 yesterday but don't have an SD card for it yet and so I haven't been able to try many of the features that added to its "on paper" appeal.

I have taken a few shots but only at 3 megapixels as I am upgrading from the excellent Sony f505v which only really stretched to 2 megapixels.

I don't really understand what bearing image size has on clarity and quality. My Sony pictures were always beautiful and I had expected this camera (11 years younger) to, at least, MATCH it.

I have taken some shots with the zoom at its farthest reach but they are "dull" and lack detail. You can tell WHAT I am taking - but it's like the images are useful just for
IDENTIFICATION rather than PORTRAYAL or PRESERVATION.

There's no "punch".

The weather is overcast, I took the shots freehand and on Automatic, as a Noob, - so I know none of this is ideal - but I wonder if I am not going to get the best out of this camera by selecting 3 megapixels.

If I reset it to the Default 12 will the camera record more information and thus give me the best image it can - or does size make no difference - and this is as good as it gets ?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow