Best compact for children and indoor photos?

Started Mar 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
webshark3
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,039
Like?
Re: Best compact for children and indoor photos?
In reply to storeybook, Mar 16, 2011

storeybook wrote:

most of you have all impressed us with yer knowledge...and still think yer missing the point...hard to put a basic DSLR in yer shirt pocket or coffee holder in the car... i, too, have a DSLR and love it when i go out to specifically shoot macro shots for my paintings...but, i am ALSO looking for a compact p&s to 'carry between 2fingers'...ie. small enuf to slip in my 'pocket'...so i, too, dont miss alot of shots driving into town....i've been told canon SX210 or LUMIX ZS5K...true compacts....so i will continue to read on to hear what opinions come up re: compact P&S..

I bought a S95 as my "carryaround" and travel camera when I don't want to bring a DSLR. The issue with the OP's request is that there is no magical setting for moving kids indoors. Use of a flash means focus and slow response (missed shot). Even with a f2.0 lens, blur will happen in just about every AUTO or scene setting. It's a hit or miss.

The best option is to learn a bit about Av and Tv modes (with ISO of course). Failing that, I would prefer a DSLR in AUTO versus a P&S in AUTO. I think you'd get a higher percentage of keepers with a DSLR kit (focus speed and higher ISO performance).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow