1ds MKII , 5d MKII or 1d MKIII

Started Mar 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
mevbo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,113Gear list
Like?
Re: 1ds MKII , 5d MKII or 1d MKIII
In reply to Grant, Mar 12, 2011

Grant wrote:

I'm glad you're happy with the 5DII. IMO you just dogged two bullets one from the over rated 1DIII and another from the aging 1DSII.

Thanks Grant.
Wonder if you could answer a few questions I've noticed with the 5dMKII.

The bloke seems smoother, the OOF area seems moreso OOF. Is that normal with the FF sensor? I'm not complaining, I like it. I shot some A-B shots today and tried to fill the frame equally between the 50d and the 5d and the 5d has better, more OOF behind the subject. It also seems sharper on my 70-200MKII with the 2xIII than my 50d. The 50d has a longer reach obviously, but the few shots I took, the 5d seemed sharper when pixel peeping. Is this normal as well? Lastly, I am very happy with how much better my 28-300L does on the 5d. What a big difference the better ISO and faster shutter speed make on this big boy. If it wasn't so heavy, I'd just sell my other 50D and the 17-55. I still may down the road, I'd have to replace both though as I like having two bodies, so if I decide to, I would need to pick up a 24-70 or something simular.
Thanks.
Kevin

mevbo's gear list:mevbo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 2x III Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow