Started Mar 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew Mitchell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,663
Like?
I hate Sony Taiwan!
Mar 12, 2011

For 2 years I battled with Sony Taiwan, to fix my A700 which had a major back focus problem. They refused to admit there was anything wrong, even when given irrefutable proof from 10 different lenses, and when in desperation I took off the bottom plate to show them the 3 adjusting widgets, claimed they did not know what they were. [My ongoing fights with them are well documented in this forum.]

In the end, I had to just stop using the camera and all of my glass, but was lucky enough to have another good one - albeit a P&S - a Panasonic LX3. But not quite the same, eh?

I eventually ended up buying an A55, which I really like. Unfortunately, at exactly the time I bought it, my Minolta 5600 HS-D flash decided to give up the ghost. As I was really into the small size and lightness of the A55, I decided to buy a Sony HVL-F20 (which I'm actually very happy with). But now I've had the camera for a good few months, I thought I'd get more adventurous with flash again, so took my defective unit down to Sony in Taipei 101 today to get it repaired. Imagine my disappointment to hear that as of the end of last year, Sony Taiwan will no longer repair any Minolta or Konica Minolta equipment. They absolutely would not budge on this, even though their engineers could easily do the job (it's one corroded top plate in the battery compartment).

Great products, but in Taiwan, truly awful back-up. I am well peeved off.

Rant over.

-- hide signature --

Andrew (Brit expat in Taipei, Taiwan since 1985)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow