A different thought - kit lens differences...

Started Mar 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,666Gear list
Like?
A different thought - kit lens differences...
Mar 12, 2011

I thought I'd start a new discussion, as I think this one will go a different way.

I'm beginning to wonder if the image quality problems I'm seeing on my E510 are actually the lens.

The thread with the E510 and 40-150 has got me checking through some images again, and it seems I forgot one thing, my old E500 had the 14-45 kit lens, but of course my E510 has the newer 14-42 ED lens. This is the lens I use most.

When I look through my images, I can see that ones taken using the older generation 40-150 are pretty much consistent between both cameras, (and indeed many I take with a 40yr old Soligor 300 are OK too) but the others on the smaller lenses are where the biggest differences are more obvious.

I'm just wondering if this is characteristic between the two lenses, or whether there's something in the newer lens that just isn't quite right (maybe a slightly off calibration or something).

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow