Started Mar 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DKStrat
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
Lense Recommendations
Mar 11, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm new to the Canon forum. As a prior Sony/Minolta user my knowledge of Canon lenses/equipment is limited. I've got a 60D on the way with the 50mm 1.8 II. I would like to add some L glass. Now I'm stuck on the 24-70 or the 24-105. I'm used to having stabilization in body so all this is new to me. From what I've read lense stabilization works better than inbody stabilization but I'm wondering which lense to buy... The lense will be manily used for portraits/walk around. I like the idea of have the extra stop of light gathering power from the 2.8 but with the IS can I get the same sharp picture with a slower shutter speed at f4 with IS than a faster shutter speed at 2.8 with no IS in the same situation? Anyway, I'm excited about my switch and I'm looking forward to getting my new camera. I was also looking at the 70-200 f4 IS and would love to have it but really need to have something for the wide end and unfortunatly can't afford both right now. Any recommendations would be great. I will also be adding a speedlite here soon.

Keith

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow