Canon User > A55

Started Mar 8, 2011 | Discussions thread
CarneAsadaBrito
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
Re: advantages of non-EVFs...
In reply to Eillirand, Mar 10, 2011

Eillirand wrote:

Ill agree that battery life is a bit of a concern, considering the camera has to be on to prepare for a shot (LV and EVF); however, 300+ shots on a charge should be fine for most of my setups. I will most definitely get another battery as a backup. I had a really nice setup with the Rebel as I also had a Powershot series camera that used the same battery. The PnS camera was often the camera of choice for rafting and kayak shots as I have a waterproof case for it (much cheaper than the SLR cases). Losing that no matter what camera I select as they do not use that model any more. Too bad the a55 does not work with the HDR11 camcorder battery pack I have.

As far as EVF vs LV, I am sure there will be times the EVF will be more useful but using the Powershot as an example of a "live view" it was rare that I needed the viewfinder.

I really wished there was a more convincing date and information on the a77. I am tempted to hold off and just use my credits towards something else.

I'd like to wait for the A77 if I were you, but you don't know if that's 1 or 6 months away. On top of that, you can be sure to be fighting for the limited stock when it releases. A55/A580 folks can attest to how difficult it can be to get your hands on a new unit.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow