Are you still chasing technology? Has your wallet/pocketbook suffered enough ?

Started Mar 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jason Stoller
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,002Gear list
Like?
Are you still chasing technology? Has your wallet/pocketbook suffered enough ?
Mar 9, 2011

I am as guilty as anyone else in regard to chasing new technology. I have been in these forums on and off for a very long period of time. I cannot say I am brand loyal because I have owned and photographed with a variety of different brands prior to returning to Nikon and buying a D700 in 2009.

You guys would laugh if you had seen the expression of the Nikon shooters while I was wearing a vary Weathered Nikon Vestrap Photographers vest and shooting Canon gear prior to returning to Nikon.

I think we have now reached a point in the photography world where we do have some very complicated digital cameras. The D700 certainly is a wonderful tool and the D3 bodies as well.

Along the way, many of us have worked together to find the work around solutions for the issues that have cropped up with each new generation of camera's. Along with those solutions our pocket books took major hits because new technology is never cheap and one thing is for sure its always going to be outdated and the next greatest and latest surfaces in the market.

So how far do we continue to go? We all know the camera companies are going to keep throwing new products at us in an effort to encourage us to continue chasing the technology. Many of us are ahead of the game when we finally decide on which lenses are the most effective for us and which flash units get the job done.

Do you feel like you master your current camera before you move to the next model? Do the current models offer you enough at this point to keep you busy working to continuously learn? It almost seems like we spend an enormous amount of time learning about proper setup and camera operation and not enough honing our personal picture taking skills.

I think if would be great if you could share your thoughts on this.
--
Jason Stoller ComicDom1@aol.com

We are just Beta Testers who pay the Camera Companies to test their new products!

Jason Stoller's gear list:Jason Stoller's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Nikon D700 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow