16-35L or 17-55?? Thoughts?

Started Mar 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
John Vant Land
Contributing MemberPosts: 512
Like?
Re: 16-35L or 17-55?? Thoughts?
In reply to labradorguy, Mar 8, 2011

Although I have the 10-22, 50 f/1.8, 70-200 f/4, 100 f/2.8 macro and 100-400, it's the 17-55 that is on my camera 90% of the time. I use it mostly indoors and with the Canon 580 EX flash, I bounce the flash off the walls behind/beside me and get outstanding pictures.

I have had very serious dust problems. After 2 years I watched the YouTube video a bunch of times before taking the lens apart and cleaning it myself. I don't do this thing very often and I'm not really much of a do-it-yourselfer, but I took pictures of the lens and screw locations every step of the way and made backup diagrams.

I am happy to say that the procedure, although a little nerve wracking, went well and my lens is still extremely sharp. I anticipate in another year doing the same again, but I would not be adversed to having Canon do it and consider it a "maintenance" issue.

I would not let the dust issue stop me from buying the lens again. It is a joy to use and if I lost it or had it stolen or damaged it, I'd go right out and buy it again.

If you do get it, buy the lenshood, too.

-- hide signature --

Enjoying God and His Creation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow