ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cybersimba
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Upgrading from S3 IS
Mar 7, 2011

All,

I have had S3 IS for some time now and I have been extremely happy with it. Recently we had a new addition (our baby) to the family and I am looking to upgrade to a camera/camcorder that can do good HD (1080p) quality videos and take good pictures. the features I am looking for are:

-Good HD (1080p) quality videos [wondering if I should stick strictly to 1080p or 720p is fine too in the long term??] with stereo audio [again don't know if mono audio is good enough but S3 IS used to do great job with stereo audio videos]
-Good quality pictures [S3 IS take really GREAT pictures]
-Not crazy about megapixels as I think 6MP+ should suffice
-It would be good to have a decent zoom feature (10x+ or so)

All in all my experience with S3IS has been really really nice !! and looking to buy a camera/camcorder that commands same respect in terms of picture quality and video quality. I have also realized that though better class (DSLR or even S3IS) cameras do better pictures than point and shoot, I have not really used all advanced features in S3IS as much as I thought I could have. So that tells me that I don't need any advanced camera that Pros would look for. But if buying better class gets me great picture quality then I think its worth it.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you for reading my post in advance.

sincerely,
Cybersimba

cybersimba's gear list:cybersimba's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow