Started Mar 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
growler1947
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
40D Battery Problems
Mar 6, 2011

I have just bought a used 40D on eBay (7000 actuations) and am experiencing battery problems. For example, I have taken just 176 shots this weekend at 2 events and have gone through 3 batteries! 2 of the batteries were the ones supplied with the camera and were fully charged before I used them. My first thought was that the previous owner had been recharging without fully discharging and this had caused them to become permanently "part-charged". However, I found that the battery is the same as that used in my old 300D, which I still use and which still performs perfectly, so I tried one of them......and had exactly the same problem. When the battery is first inserted, the display shows it to be fully charged, but after less than 30 or so shots it registers 30% full.

Anyone got any ideas what might be sapping the power or is the camera faulty? The batteries could also be faulty and I guess the only way to find out is to buy some replacements.

Your help please.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow