sd4000 vs new 500 HS (having problems with my new SD4000)

Started Mar 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jack12432
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
sd4000 vs new 500 HS (having problems with my new SD4000)
Mar 6, 2011

I just bought a SD4000 a few weeks ago but noticed the 500HS is coming out soon. From what I can tell, the 500 HS seems to be a comparable model (poss. replacement?) to the SD4000. Based on the specs, would the 500 HS have better picture quality? (I personally don't care about the 1080p or touch screen).

I'm considering returning the sd4000 I just bought due to a few traits that are driving me crazy: I find it's constantly struggling to focus. For example, about 75% of the time when doing a macros mode shot, or sometimes when doing a scenery shot with a particular type of lighting, I'll get the yellow box on the screen with the exclamation point. By adjusting the camera position slightly it will refocus and get the green box, though I often lose the shot. (I've tried a replacement, so it's not defective).

Also, sometimes the photo lighting will be extremely dark (darker than in actuality), but by moving the camera an inch the whole photo/screen will suddenly light up.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong (I'm new with all this), but would appreciate any suggestions and if the 500 HS might be worth a try.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow