Started Mar 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bob salzman
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Nikon Equivalent to the 5DMkII??
Mar 5, 2011

I currently have a Fuji S3. Looking to upgrade. Next stop seems to be full sensor.

I cant justify $8k on a Nikon DX3 body. 12mp D700 doesn't seem like a big enough change from the S3.

I'll keep the S3 so my Nikon lenses will still get use.

I have access to a few Canon EF lenses, so Canon is on the table. Everything seems to be pointing to the 5D mkII. If I bought one, I would also splurge on a good lens.

I was pointed away from the D700 because of speculation over an announcement of a NIkon FF, 20+mp model which would rival the 5D, including price.

I have not seen anything in Nikon's lineup directly comparable to the 5D...including price. Am I missing anything? I could wait for Nikon's next announcement, but I have no clue what they have planned or when they will come out with anything. I don't want to wait eons to make a move, but I have used either FUJI or Nikon all my life and have a bias to stick with Nikon, so I can wait a little while to see what they announce.

Thanks for any thoughts our there.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow