Need 1080p and at least 10x optical zoom for under $1000.

Started Mar 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,971
Like?
Sony HX100V?
In reply to Patrick Gamet, Mar 5, 2011

I am interested in the Sony HX100V as well. But, little is known about how well this camera will perform. The new 16-MP sensor might be surprisingly effective or it might not. The 30X lens is another unknown factor. The bit-per-pixel encoding rate has been reduced from that of previous models, which might lower the quality of its photos and there is no adjustment available for its noise-reduction level.

Sony won't sell it until May 1st and only after seeing many good examples of its photos and videos, would I consider buying it. The only things we have at the present time, are specifications and the manufacturer's claims. Every now and then, a camera with special features and capacities like this one comes along and enjoys its greatest popularity before it ever gets into the hands of any customers.

Patrick Gamet wrote:

After much research yesterday and today, I think I've decided to go with the Sony DSC-HX100V. It seems like the best option, with optical image stabilization + 1080p @ 60fps. Thanks for the suggestions!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow