Should I upgrade from D90 (18-105) to A55 (18-250)?

Started Mar 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thirdbeing
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Should I upgrade from D90 (18-105) to A55 (18-250)?
Mar 5, 2011

I currently have a D90 with the kit lens (18-105mm), and also a NEX 5 with the 16mm lens as a backup. I am planning to travel to Italy this May and thinking about upgrading my cameras. I want to get a A55 with 18-250mm lens, plus a Canon S95.

You can think me as an amateur photographer, who highly values image quality, but at the same time values convenience and ease of use. And I do not want to spend much time editing photos in photoshop/lightroom (may just do batch apply of auto level/curve, etc). I do not shoot in raw. My photos will mainly be travel photos, i.e. buildings, landscapes, with or without people.

I want to replace D90 because I would like to get bigger zoom (Nikon big zoom VR lens are very heavy and expensive) and I find some of the A55 features useful (panorama, HDR, and in camera stabilization). I want to replace NEX 5 with Canon S95 because I have found NEX 5 too big to fit into a pocket, and is not as useful as a backup camera.

Is this a good idea? Has anyone in this forum done the same? Any suggestions and comments?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow