Need advice for DSLR for shooting my new baby

Started Mar 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
chris401
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: like I said, bodies come and go
In reply to herebefore, Mar 4, 2011

I dont disagree with you at all..

My point was simply, you need a GOOD body regardless of brand.. And having used all of the Canon T (Rebels, by another name) cameras.. I dont think that is the direction to go.. they are getting higher and higher in pixel count, and lower and lower in Hi ISO performance.

There are really great lenses available for Nikon, Pentax, Canon et al.. The OP is limited only by the budget!

In order to take advantage of those lenses, he should get a body that responds well at low light levels, hence the recommendation for Nikon or some of the Pentax line.

Though Canon used to be the "King of High ISO" they seem to have lost that crown in all but the very top of their line in Full frame (which is VERY expensive).

Interesting. You are correct that, at this time, I'm not committed to a particular system and I am certainly open to suggestion here. I selected the Canon T2i only because it seemed to have good reviews, was capable of video, and because I have owned a s80 for a few years now and figured that the learning curve might be easier. (Just picked up an s95 last week too.)

But the reviews I read on the Nikon D7000 seem pretty great. Of course, now I'm almost doubling the price for body alone, so I would need to adjust the budget upwards.

I don't want to be "that guy" who doesn't really know photography at all but has a 5D Mark II plus a bunch of L lenses that he doesn't know how to use. But gadget lust is so seductive, and I like buzz words like "magnesium body" for some reason.

I also just read a review about the Panasonic GH-2 (a 4/3 camera format) and someone claims it is the "future" for DSLR. I originally wrote off 4/3 format because, well, I just don't undesrstand it and it seem very "niche" market. And I hate getting burned when standards don't get adopted (RIP, Betamax and HD-DVD). Anyone have thoughts on the 4/3rds route?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow