Started Mar 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kw5kw
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
new FZ-100 owner
Mar 4, 2011

After being away from photography for several years due my involvement with amateur radio, I went back to my old Yashica FR that I purchased way back in the 70's, only to find out that the battery had leaked badly over the years.

So I looked at specifications on cameras for a couple of weeks and felt that the FZ100 was the one that I placed at the top of my list, but at full retail was just outside of my current budget. A local camera store had one for $389.00 over the President's Day holiday which placed it between two other camera's that I'd picked out. I feel that I've made a good deal, but I'm goingt to have to brush up on my skills of pressing the shutter instead of the PTT on the radio's.

I just found this site early this morning, while at work, and I couldn't wait to get home to sign up. Forum's aren't allowed by Departmental policies. I think that the IT department's monitoring software didn't realize that this was a forum and allowed me to look at the fantastic pictures here.

I'm not a pro, I'm just a guy who's trying to get back into this hobby and I think that this new digital format will allow me to play with a camera in ways that I could have never would have been able to afford with a film camera.

Thanks for a great site, and allowing this novice to become a part of your great hobby/profession!

Russ

kw5kw's gear list:kw5kw's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow