Started Mar 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J D Wells
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Input Appreciated
Mar 4, 2011

I have owned 1DS Mark II and 5D Mark II more or less since their respective launches. My first 1DS Mark II body has given me unrivaled service but after 318,864 actuations my travelling companion can now have a final rest.

I have a second 1DS Mark II body which has remained pretty much unused (less than 4,000 actuations) and for this and a brand new Canon NP-E3 battery I am being offered £1,650.00 GBP or a straight exchange for a brand new 5D Mark II.

Purely on IQ the 1DS Mark II has 12-bit processing as opposed to the 14-bit capture of the 5D Mark II and that the sensor in the 1DS Mark II is approximately four years older than the more recent model however there can be no denying that the 1DS Mark II is no less capable of beautiful 35mm output and has a quality which is hard to match even by todays standards.

I know the strengths and weaknesses of both models having enjoed working with them over the past few years so my question is simply, if you were in the same position would you sell, exchange or carry on as normal.

The main body of subjects for which I use the equipment can be found here:

http://www.picturethispicturethat.com

Thanks for any positive input.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow